Saturday 2 June 2018

Punch Galore with the Cookie Cutter Punch!

Punch Galore with the Cookie Cutter Punch!

Ian Potter from Stampin FOR ALL #stampinforall FaceBook group set the Wednesday Challenge for the craft members on May 23rd; to 'Use Punches Differently'.  

At present I do not have many punches in my craft stash so I wasn't quite sure how I was going to get on in this challenge.  I punched out the shape from each of the punches I do have to see what I could possibly do with them.  I ended up deciding to use the Stampin' Up "Cookie Cutter Builder" punch for my design.  


So I cut a pink card base (5 3/4 x 4 1/8") and a dark blue card stock layer (5 5/8 x 3 3/4").  I then used the punch to punch out (x8) Rose Pink card stock Cookie cutter shapes and (x6) Rose patterned card stock Cookie cutter shapes.  I did not have the Stampin' Up "Thanks" stamp so I fussy cut out the image from the Stampin' Up Catalogue 2017 and coloured it in with my Spectrum Noir Alcohol pens. 

Next stage was to put the card together.  I put the rose patterned punched shapes with the legs facing upwards and downwards at the top and bottom of the Blue card stock.  The rose pink punched shapes I slotted them together and this made a complete section that I adhered on top of the rose patterned pattern punched shapes.  Then I used wet glue to adhere the "Thanks" sentiment and rose image on top of the rose pink punched shapes.  I tied a small pink bow and adhered this at the base of the card front.  The blue card stock was adhered to the pink card base with foam pads to give the card some dimension.  To embellish my card I adhered (x5) Rose sequins and (x5) Black rhinestones on top of these selectively around the front of my card. 

On my envelope I stamped the sentiment "Happy Mail" and the image of the duckling delivering the mail so that the recipient of my card will  know that it is not a bill! 

Thank you for looking at my project and I would appreciate any feedback. 

Till next time, keeping crafting!

Lorraine
:O)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 3

Incredible Like You (2) Second set of 4 cards created from the card kit from Stampin' Up 'Incredible Like Y...