Saturday 2 June 2018

Diesel Train

Diesel Train

A friend asked me to make her a card with a Diesel Train on it for her son as he drives this type of train.  I did not have a Diesel Train image in my craft stash; so I went on Google images and found a suitable image and printed this off twice.  My completed project is photographed below:


So the create my project I first found a Brown Plaid piece of card stock (5 3/4 x 4 1/8"), I then cut a piece of White card stock (5 3/4 x 3 1/2").  I cut one of the images to the same size of the White card stock and adhered it with snail adhesive.  

Next I used my Prismacolor coloured pencils to colour in both images, I used my Zest blender to blend out the pencil lines and then fussy cut the Diesel train image and the most image of the trees and rock in the foreground.  These were adhered on top of the images underneath with foam pads to give the card a 3D feel and dimension.  To all the windows and lights on the Diesel train I added Glossy Accents.  

Then I found a piece of Black card stock in my scraps folder and cut this to (2 6/8 x  1 1/4").  Using my embossing buddy well because of it being black card stock, I then stamped the sentiment "Happy Birthday" (from a sentiment stamp set gifted to me by Martha Ellis my crafty pal) with Versamark and heat embossed it with Gold embossing powder.  This I adhered to the top right-hand corner of the card front with snail adhesive.  

I left both the inside of the card and the envelope blank as my friend had not requested anything to be stamped or put on these parts of the project.  Normally, I would continue the theme of my project into the centre of the card and onto the envelope.  

Thank you for coming to look at my blog page and this particular project.  I would appreciate any feedback please.  

Till next time, keep crafting!

Lorraine
:O)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 3

Incredible Like You (2) Second set of 4 cards created from the card kit from Stampin' Up 'Incredible Like Y...