Sunday 5 August 2018

Mission Control We Have a Birthday

Mission Control We Have a Birthday

MFTs Wednesday Sketch Challenge #396 is as photographed below:


My interpretation of the Sketch Challenge is as follows:


Initially I started out cutting a dark blue card base (8 1/4 x 5 7/8" scored at 4 1/8") and cut a layer in
black card stock (5 5/8 x 3 7/8").  I also found in my craft stash some DSP (Patterned paper) that looked fabulous as the space background (5 x 2 3/4") and a scrap of black card stock to go across this to match the sketch (2 3/4 x 1").  I also found a piece of white card stock (3 x 3/4") in my craft stash suitable for the sentiment.  

I used Bristol Smooth 270g white card stock to stamp all the images out on from MFTs "Space Explorer" stamp set.  These were then coloured in using my Spectrum Noir Alcohol Marker Pens and the dies used to die cut them out on the Big Shot.  Whilst the ink was out I stamped on the envelope a rocket and a star in Black Memento Ink and also the sentiment 'Happy Mail' with the image of the duckling delivering the mail.  This ensures that the recipient of this card knows that it is not a bill!

The black card stock and DSP (Patterned paper) were both adhered straight onto the card base using double sided tape.  The sentiment was cut into a banner by cutting a pennant at the right-hand side.  The sentiment "Mission Control We Have a Birthday", the astronaut, the rocket, the stars and planets were all popped up on foam pads to give the card some dimension.

This completed my project, if you enjoyed finding out how I put together my project please come again, leave me some feedback/comments thank you.  Till next time, keep crafting!

Lorraine
:O)  


2 comments:

  1. Another super cute card Lorraine - love this one too xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Vickie, I do like doing fun cards for children and using different images. :O) xx

    ReplyDelete

Week 3

Incredible Like You (2) Second set of 4 cards created from the card kit from Stampin' Up 'Incredible Like Y...