Sunday 5 August 2018

Petal Palette Pretty Polly

Petal Palette Pretty Polly

FaceBook Group - Stampin' For All administrator Gez Carpenter set a Card Sketch Challenge.  The Card Sketch is photographed below:

I kept looking at the sketch and nothing initially came to me to what to use in this particular card sketch.  But then when I was on Gez's Blog Page she had used Stampin' Up 'Petal Palette' stamp set in another project and I knew that was what I was going to use on my card sketch.  My interpretation of the card sketch is below:



I cut a card base from Stampin' Up 'Mint Macaron' card stock (8 1/4 x 5 7/8" scored at 4 1/8") and cut a layer in Basic black (5 5/8 x 3 7/8") and a mat in Grey Granite (5 3/8 x 3 5/8").  I adhered the Grey and Black layers together using double sided tape and put these aside whilst I completed the rest of the card.

On the Big Shot, I die cut out (x3) scalloped squares and I then cut (x3) squares in White card stock.  So in Black Memento ink I stamped (x3) images from the Stampin' Up 'Petal Palette' stamp set.  I stamped the bird, one of the floral images and the sentiment "Thank You", each one on a separate white square.  When these were dry, I adhered them straight onto the Mint Macaron scalloped squares.  

I went into my craft stash of ribbon and picked a yellow which was (1/2") wide and a thin Pink ribbon.  I adhered the Yellow ribbon vertically to the left-hand side of the card base.  The I adhered the Pink ribbon along the middle of the Yellow on.  The scalloped squares were on foam pads to give the card some dimension and also to that I had time to move them around before pushing them down firmly.  I stamped the floral image inside the card as well as on the envelope to take the theme through the different elements of this project.  This part of the card was then adhered to the card base using double sided tape.  

For embellishment I used my NUVO Crystal Drops in 'Neptunes Turquoise' to create different sized faceted dots.  I tapped these flat on the back of the card base.  (These have to be left flat for at least 24 hours to dry).  

On the envelope I stamped the sentiment "Happy Mail" and the image of the duckling delivering the mail; to ensure that the recipient of this card knows that it is not a bill!

Thank you for coming to my Blog Page to see my latest project.  If you have like it please leave me some feedback/comments, thank you.  Till next time, keep crafting!

Lorraine
:O)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 3

Incredible Like You (2) Second set of 4 cards created from the card kit from Stampin' Up 'Incredible Like Y...